Principal’s 2016-2017 Welcome Letter
By the Grace of Allah (S. W. T.), I hope all of you enjoyed the hot summer vacation with your families. The school year is about to begin after the timeless repose of the summer months. I am delighted to welcome both new and returning families to the outstanding experience and education we provide for each one of our students. We are pleased to offer your child(ren) an exciting and challenging academic environment.
Alhamdulillah, I am delighted to inform you that our library is almost completed. I would like to thank the Board members and especially Br. Elias for their support. We have also worked on our newly-designed school website to improve communication. The Educational Advisory Committee has been reestablished. On the website, you will find resources for our students and parents. We are constantly growing and improving.
All parents are requested to adhere to the following policies:
- Regular attendance and punctuality is essential. School starts at 8:25 a.m. each morning. Without good attendance, students will not achieve their potential and benefit from the full learning experience. It’s a committed partnership. All of us have to work constructively to improve in this area. In order to fulfill the vision and mission of the school, clear records will be kept to enforce good attendance. Please work in partnership with the school in the best interest of your child(ren). Lateness will be monitored and investigated. In order to continue to ensure the safety and security of our students, all parents and visitors are requested to sign in/sign out when dropping off and picking up their children.
- All students are expected to wear only proper uniform purchased from McCarthy. The responsibility for acquiring the appropriate uniform should rest with the individual student and their parents. Any violations will result in a discipline consequence. The school uniform can be purchased at McCarthy.
- At IIT Academy, it is vital that students act in accordance with Islamic moral and ethical principles, ensuring consistency between words and deeds as enshrined in the Quran and authentic Hadith. Students are required to apply Islamic values such as truthfulness, respectfulness, honesty, modesty into their daily practice. We strive to build in our students the consciousness of Allah’s (SWT) presence and act sincerely for His sake, according to the Quran and the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). This is a shared venture, and I ask that you too encourage the same at home.
- Regular communication between school (teachers) and parents is very important for each child’s success. Keeping on top of daily agenda is vital to having a good and open communication. It is very important that students use the Agenda to record their daily school homework and assignments. Student Agenda needs to be brought to school daily by students and more importantly the Agenda is to be checked by parents on a regular basis. Another valuable form of communication is e-mail. All staff email addresses are available on our school website. Our teachers will do their very best to respond to your email. Should you have any questions at any time, please feel free to reach out to me by e-mail or call the school office.
- As there are several students who are severely allergic to peanuts and other nuts, our school is a nut free environment. We ask that parents refrain from sending any food products with peanuts as an ingredient. As a precaution, any food that is sent for school parties must contain a list of ingredients. Children with peanut allergies are required to keep an epinephrine pen on them at school in the case of an emergency. It is imperative that our school supervisor is made aware of any allergy or other medical concerns, which your child may have.
Alhamdulillah, this year we are blessed to have two very talented teachers to our team of professional IIT teachers. We would like to welcome Sr. Hebba to our SK Class and Sr. Yalda to our Grade 1 class. We wish all our teachers and Board members the best for this school year. I strongly believe that in order to achieve significant outcomes this school year we all need to work together as a team. Through this teamwork, I am confident, inshaAllah, we can make our school a place where our students can continue to learn and grow academically and spiritually. Your feedback, as parents, is crucial so please feel free to stop in, as my door is always open. We ask Almighty Allah (S. W. T.) to grant us the guidance, the wisdom and the means to enable us all to succeed.
Jazak Allah Kharun,
Mohammad Yousuf Siddiqui