First Day of School
Assalaam Alaikum Dear Parents and Students,
Once again, warmest welcome to a new school year at IIT Academy; Insh’Allah will be full of successes and achievements.
Whilst we are looking forward to welcoming you and your children on Tuesday morning, we would like to bring to your kind attention the following information:
- We will start the school year with an assembly for all grades 1 – 8 students and parents at 08:25 am (sharp) on Tuesday morning. During which, we shall introduce your kids to their teachers then usher them to their respective classrooms. JK and SK students will be dropped off in their classrooms. JK parents may stay in the classroom for a while if their children require extra comforting to settle in.
- Please make efforts to bring your kids on time everyday during the school year. We offer supervision as of 08:10 am and before care services between 07: 50 am and 08:10 am with a nominal fee (please see the office for details).
- Dismissal time for all students from SK to grade 8 will be from the gymnasium between 03:20 pm and 03:40 pm. Whereas JKs will be dismissed from their classroom between 03:00 pm and 03:20 pm. Please make efforts to pick up your kids on time.
- All students are expected to wear the full school uniform all times while in the school premises unless permitted by the school administration to wear other attire. School uniform is purchased from The New Uniform Shoppe. Please see the school office for details regarding the prices, location, and contact details.
- School agendas will be distributed to all students from Grs. 1 to 8 at a cost price ($5.00). Please sit with your kids and go over the prescribed rules and expectations. It is imperative that all members of the school community adhere to all school rules and abide by its policies and procedures.
- Please pack up healthy food only for your children. Kindly do not send food items that contain nuts, sugary drinks or sugar as the main ingredient. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, therefore make sure that your kids have had a healthy breakfast before heading to school.
- Please label all your kids’ belongings, that includes but not limited to: their lunch boxes, water bottles, pencil cases, carrying bags, etc.
- All school communication will be via emails or Edmodo. As well, all our letters and events will be posted in our website: www.iitacademy.ca. You can always reach us at our school number: 416 335 9173. my extension number is 3. You may always call me and leave me a message if I am unavailable. I always call and email back in less than 48 hours. My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last but not least, my team and I take this opportunity to wish you and your children all the successes and well being at IIT Academy. May Allah SWT guide us to the right path and help us fulfill our obligations towards our little hearts.
Moussa Ouarou, B.A., M.A., PGCE, OCT, PQP I & II