IIT Academy accepts applications for students from JK to Grade 8.
The process goes from pre-registration, to examination, and then admission.
All registrants must sign a waiver form.
- sibling enrolled at IIT since previous academic year OR parent is full-time staff at IIT OR parent is a part-time staff at IIT for 2 consecutive years
- child registered before January 31st of year following the child’s birth
- first come first serve
Families are encouraged to register their children as early as possible after birth even if a sibling is enrolled in the school. In order to provide equal opportunity for all children born throughout the first year, parents have until January 31st of year following the child’s birth to register them.
Parents are to first complete a pre-registration form to be added to the waiting list until the end of the current school year.
Should the child not be admitted at the end of the school year, the parent will have to pay a $10 renewal fee to maintain the spot on the waiting list for the next academic year. This fee is payable during the summer months. Payment must be received no later than September 1st of the school year or the spot is forfeited.
Once a spot is available at IIT, the next child on the waitlist based on priority is offered an admission opportunity.
- A call and email are sent to parent to accept and book entry test.
- If a call is not answered, a voicemail will be left.
- The parents are given 24 hours to get back to the IIT academy with a response to accept admission or not.
- Failure to respond means refusal.
- Should a parent refuse, the child retains spot on waitlist and we move on to next child on waiting list
- An admission application and an entry test must be scheduled and written within a week. A non-refundable $50 fee is to be paid.
- Child must undergo an admissions test and successfully pass it.
- If the child fails entry test, they are put back on waiting list and will not be called for admission until next academic year.
- Successful candidates are enrolled at IIT academy.
Re-enrolment forms are distributed to existing students by April 1st.
The form must be completed and submitted before June 1st.
Parents and guardians of students who fail to inform the school by this deadline of their intention to return will lose their spot in the school. These spots will be opened to those on the waiting list.
The following fees are effective September 1st 2018.
|1st Child||Additional Child|
|Tuition for JK/SK||$475.00||$460.00|
|Tuition for Gr. 1 – 8||$450.00||$435.00|
Application Fee for new students (non-refundable)
|$50.00 per child|
School Supplies Fee (annual)
|$250.00 per child|
School Field Trip Fee & Scientist in the Classroom (annual)
|$120.00 per child|
Morning & Afternoon Child Care Program (from 7:30am-8:00am, and 3:45pm-5:00pm)
|$100.00 per child, per month|
Afternoon Child Care or Hifz Program (from 3:45pm-5:00pm)
|$75.00 per child, per month|
Fees are to be received or withdrawn through electronic fund transfers on the first day of the month.
If a parent wishes to withdraw their child from the school, a 15-day notice prior to the start of the upcoming month is required to avoid being charged for the upcoming month.
There shall be no partial refunds under any circumstances.
Skipping a grade is entirely under the discretion of the Principal who will administer a performance assessment and based on the result will render a decision if a student should be moved a grade.